Studies have shown an average fat reduction of between 15 and 28 percent at around 4 months after initial treatment.
How are fat cells destroyed?
The technique is based on the finding that fat cells are more susceptible to damage from cold temperatures than other cells, such as skin cells. The cold temperature injures the fat cells. The injury triggers an inflammatory response by the body, which results in the death of the fat cells. Macrophages, a type of white blood cells and part of the body’s immune system, is “called to the injury location,” to rid the dead fat cells and debris from the body.
How much localized fat can one expect to lose from cryolipolysis and when will I start to notice results?
Studies have shown an average fat reduction of between 15 and 28 percent at around 4 months after initial treatment. However, you may begin to notice changes as early as 3 weeks after treatment. Dramatic improvement is noticed after about 2 months.
What are the advantages of cryolipolysis?
There are many advantages to cryolipolysis
No surgical incision is required.
- It is a low risky procedure. There is no risk of infection.
- The procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis.
- Patients do not need to be sedated or anesthetized before undergoing the procedure.
- More than one area of the body may be treated in a single session.
- Most people can resume their normal daily activities immediately after treatment.
- The procedure can be performed on people of all ages.
- There is no damage to nerve fibers, blood vessels, muscles, or lasting damaging to the skin in the treatment area.
- Fat cells that have been damaged or destroyed or permanently removed from the body.
- Patients may experience an increase in self-esteem due to an improvement in their appearance.
For: Daisy Signature Aesthetics Service, Lagos.
Head Office: 15 Olawale Dawodu Street, off Ajayi Aina Street, Ifako Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria.
Branch: 1 Nwora Close, off Oghosa crescent, off ihama road, GRA, Benin city Edo, Nigeria.