Nonsurgical body contouring is also known as nonsurgical fat reduction. There are a variety of nonsurgical fat reduction procedures. These procedures reduce or remove stubborn pockets of fat to contour and shape different areas of the body. Most nonsurgical fat reduction treatments are based on one of these four principles:
- Cryolipolysis, or controlled cooling, uses freezing temperatures to target and destroy fat cells.
- Laser lipolysis uses controlled heating and laser energy to target fat cells.
- Radiofrequency lipolysis uses controlled heating and ultrasound technology to target fat cells.
- Injection lipolysis uses injectable deoxycholic acid to target fat cells.
Nonsurgical body contouring procedures aren’t intended to be weight loss solutions. Ideal candidates are close to their desired weight and want to eliminate stubborn pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. With most body contouring procedures, your body mass index shouldn’t be over 30.
- Body contouring procedures are nonsurgical and minimally invasive to noninvasive.
- Typically, you can resume daily activities immediately after the treatment.
Risks and side effects:
- According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 169,695 procedures were performed in 2016. Typically, only mild, short-term side effects were reported. These included redness, swelling, and pain.
- In 2016, nonsurgical fat reduction cost $1,681 and injection lipolysis cost $1,257.
Each body is different, and the best way to find out whether you’re a good candidate for nonsurgical body contouring is to talk to a qualified provider. This may be a plastic surgeon, dermatologist, cosmetic surgeon, or other certified trained provider. Your provider will help you decide which treatment is best for your individual needs and expectations. Here are a few examples.
For: Daisy Signature Aesthetics Service Lagos.
Head Office: 15 Olawale Dawodu Street, off Ajayi Aina Street, Ifako Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria.
Best Spa In Lagos